The Legal Knowledge And Experience You Need After A Truck Accident
Floridians share the road with truck drivers each and every day, but the relationship is not an easy one. Trucks are so much larger and heavier than regular passenger vehicles that a crash between the two is almost certain to result in serious injury or death — for occupants of the smaller vehicle.
At Lyons & Lenoir, we help victims and their families seek compensation after serious accidents caused by drivers of 18-wheelers, flatbeds, freights and other large trucks. These crashes are often caused by negligence on the part of the truck driver, the trucking company or both. And when you contact us, we get to work immediately, conducting our own investigation and building a case against all at-fault parties.
Common Causes Of Trucking Accidents
Truckers are professional drivers in charge of dangerously large vehicles. As such, they should be held to a higher safety standard than everyone else. Unfortunately, this expectation is rarely met. Truck accidents are often the result of:
- Distracted driving — Truck drivers on cellphones or communicating with their employers/dispatchers on radio
- Drowsy/fatigued driving — Related to driving too many consecutive hours, failing to take adequate rest breaks or failing to treat medical conditions like sleep apnea
- Speeding and aggressive driving — Trying to make up lost time or make more money by logging additional miles
- Mechanical issues — Worn-out brakes and other malfunctioning equipment caused by failure to regularly inspect and maintain the vehicle
- Overloaded or unbalanced cargo — Trucks that are too heavy or have uneven weight distribution can overturn on sharp curves or take too long to stop
Pursuing All Sources Of Compensation
Truck accidents can and do result in devastating injuries and astronomical medical bills. Because of this, we seek maximum compensation from all parties responsible for the crash or liable for the at-fault driver. This includes the truck driver, trucking company, commercial insurer and any other drivers who may have contributed to the crash.
Contact Us For A Free Consultation — We Are Ready To Help
Based in Kissimmee, Lyons & Lenoir serves accident victims throughout Florida. To discuss your accident in a free consultation with our experienced personal injury lawyers, call or text us anytime at 407-720-7990. You can also fill out our online contact form and expect a prompt response.