Don’t Suffer Alone After A Motorcycle Accident. Contact Us Today.
Motorcycle accidents remain a significant cause of death and injuries on Florida roads. According to data from the safety advocacy group Ride Smart Florida, the overall trend in the past two decades has been an increase in motorcycle fatalities — even as the rate of injuries and fatalities in other types of automobile crashes has stayed basically the same.
The attorneys at Lyons & Lenoir represent motorcyclists who have been seriously injured in preventable crashes caused by other drivers, as well the families of motorcyclists who have been killed in such accidents. We strive to maximize your recovery and hold the at-fault driver accountable for his or her actions.
Recognizing The Common Causes Of Motorcycle Accidents
When you contact our firm, we begin investigating the details of your case immediately to determine what happened and why. In many cases, motorcycle accidents occur because other drivers either fail to notice motorcyclists or choose not to give them the same physical distance and deference that they would give to other cars.
Common accident scenarios include:
- Rear-end collisions — Where cars either run into the back of motorcycles or cause motorcycles to run into them
- Left-turn accidents — Where cars/trucks make left turns across oncoming traffic, failing to notice approaching motorcyclists
- Run-off accidents — Cars force a motorcyclist to swerve off the road without ever making contact, usually by unexpectedly getting in the motorcyclist’s path
- Road-debris accidents — Motorcyclists skid and slip on road debris (auto parts, auto fluids, grass clippings, etc.)
- Lane-change accidents — Failing to leave enough room when changing lanes or passing motorcyclists, causing the car to clip the motorcycle
Fighting Bias Against Motorcyclists
Riders are often considered reckless, rude and disrespectful — simply because they ride a motorcycle. This attitude often makes drivers less deferential to motorcyclists on the road and can make juries less sympathetic to a motorcyclist’s injuries. When preparing a case for trial, we actively work to overcome this bias and demonstrate clearly that your injuries were caused by the negligent actions of another driver.
Discuss Your Rights And Legal Options With An Attorney For Free
Lyons & Lenoir proudly serves motorcycle accident victims throughout the state of Florida. To take advantage of a free initial consultation with our experienced personal injury lawyers, call or text us in Kissimmee at 407-720-7990. You can also send us an email, which we respond to promptly.